Calling All Members of the Wilton Community!
We have received an evaluation of the current multi-purpose room from John A. Robinson, Member of the Sacramento County Department of Regional Parks, Wilton Cosumnes Service Area 4B. These tasks must be addressed, in addition to building the restrooms, for the building to become the Wilton Community Center.
Here’s our To Do list:
- The outside walls of the building need cleaning – Thanks Wilton Fire for your help!
- A phone must be installed and linked to the security system.
- The ceiling tiles inside the building are falling down and needs to be repaired or replaced.
- The curtains on the windows need replacing.
- The roof needs maintenance.
- The kitchen will need cleaning and all appliances will eventually need replacing since they have been there since 1996.
- Pots, pans, bowls, dishes and cooking utensils will be needed to stock the kitchen.
- Brooms, vacuum and cleaning supplies will be needed.
- Tables and chairs to be purchased.
- Volleyball nets and balls will be needed.
- Basketballs will be needed and eventually the nets will need replacing.
- HVAC needs to be serviced, once every spring for the air conditioner and once every fall for the heating unit.
- Landscaping will be needed around the building when completed.
If you can help, please consider donating one or more items mentioned above. You may also click on the link in the sidebar to the right and attend the Clean-up Day!
The first step in making the Community Center available to the public is sprucing it up!
Volunteers Needed for the Clean-Up Day!
When: Saturday, August 27, 2016
Time: 9:00am – 1:00pm – Followed by a BBQ for Volunteers!